Colin Walker recently listed blogs by female authors he reads, so as to promote diversity and improve representation of voices on the Web. It’s a nice idea, and so I replied there with a quick list of my own. But I think it deserves a proper blog post to a wider audience. So here are blogs and article spaces by female authors I like, presented in no particular order. People mentioned only by their first names are ones I know personally and consider friends.
- Space articles by Tanya Harrison
- Climate Change by Sarah Kaplan
- Space and planetary science articles by Alexandra Witze
- Muktapravah by Gauri
- Space Policy Online by Marcia Smith
- Planetary exploration by Emily Lakdawalla
- Life, Art & More by Ira
- Space coverage by Rachael Zisk
- Moon Wonk by Jessy Kate Schingler
- Vintage Space by Amy Shira Teitel
- Environmental stories by Aathira Perinchery
- Space opinion stories by Marina Koren
- Not Controversial by Nia Carnelio
I’ll admit that this is unfortunately a very small list. Especially when considering that there are more blogs by male authors in just one category folder on my RSS reader than this overarching list. Not only we must together create an environment where more non-male authors can blog, express and feel heard but I must personally do better in my curation too. Nevertheless, I do hope you like some blogs on this list.
If you’d like to share more such blogs you like, I’d love to hear from you. If you’re a non-male friend I’ve been pestering to start a blog, you know what to do. :)